Coach Bob Blantonis a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), and a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
The NSCA is a nationally accredited organization with membership from 80 countries and offers the only fitness related certification programs to be accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, a non-government, non-profit agency, located in Washington D.C. They set national standards for certifying agencies. The NSCA promotes staying abreast of evolving knowledge and skills in strength and conditioning, and it requires continuing certification for its members. Certification requires knowledge in exercise science.
Total Training, Inc. was established in 1988 for the purpose of helping athletes, develop themselves as the best conditioned athlete possible to improve their performance on the court, field or ice.
Currently he is the strength coach for St. Christopher’s School.
He is a consultant to The University of Richmond, and to other strength coaches from around the Commonwealth of Virginia.
He is a Level One weightlifting coach with the United States Weightlifting Federation.
A list of some professional athletes trained, past and present:
- Tommy Green, Baseball, Philadelphia Phillies
- Dwayne Henry, Baseball, Cincinnati Reds
- James Austin, Baseball, Milwaukee Brewers
- Andy Nezelek, Baseball, Seattle Mariners
- T.P. Waligora, Baseball, Chicago Cubs
- Jason Hardin, Basketball, CBA
- Mike Milchin, Baseball, Los Angeles Dodgers,
- Robert Pratt, Football, Baltimore Colts & Seattle Seahawks
- John Winters, Tennis
- Charles Einwick, Tennis
- Pat Garrity, Basketball, Phoenix Suns
- Jeff Hare, Soccer, Richmond Kickers
- Jaclyn Raveia, Soccer, Carolina Courage
- Justin Verlander, Baseball, Detroit Tigers Organization
- Matt Moses, Baseball, Minnesota Twins organization
- Brian Marshall, Baseball, Boston Red Sox organization
- Sean Marshall, Baseball, Chicago Cubs organization
- Justin Orenduff, Baseball, Los Angeles Dodgers organization
- Joe Bauserman, Baseball, Pittsburgh Pirates organization
- Bryson Spinner, Football, Jacksonville Jaguars, Seattle Seahawks, Washington Redskins
- Jackie Joyner Kersey, Basketball, Richmond Rage in the American Basketball League
- Dawn Staley, Basketball, Houston Comets and head coach of the Temple University program
- Taj MacWilliams Franklin, Basketball, Connecticut Suns in the WNBA
- Doug Chapman, Football, Minnesota Vikings and San Diego Chargers
- Julie Kaczmarek, Tennis
- Adrian Archie, Football, Atlanta Falcons
- Ron Bush, Baseball, Florida Marlins
- Tommy Cain, Touring Tennis Pro
- Ryan Norwood, Baseball, Chicago Cubs organization
Between 1996 and 1998, he was the strength coach for the Richmond Rage basketball team.
At the University of Virginia, he coached the football team on the proper method of power cleans.
In 1988, he was the strength coach to the Olympic Boxing, Wrestling, Rowing, Luge & the Kayak teams at the United States Olympic Training Center, Lake Placid, New York.
He was a member of the Olympic weightlifting team (alternate) for the 1972 Munich and 1976 Montreal Summer Olympic Games.
Assisted the Washington Bullets basketball team as a strength coach and consultant on training techniques.